As a motorcycle enthusiast himself, motorcycle accident lawyer Richard A. "Rick" Sandoval can help establish the cause of your accident and the full extent of your injuries.
Santa Fe Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I have been riding motorcycles in New Mexico for twenty-five years and New Mexico offers some of the best riding. Unfortunately, motorcycle riding does have risks and motorcycle accidents often cause severe and even catastrophic injuries because a motorcycle provides the rider with little protection. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, seek guidance from a Santa Fe personal injury lawyer experienced with motorcycle accident cases at the earliest opportunity. As a skilled Santa Fe motorcycle accident attorney, and motorcycle enthusiast, I can advise you on how to protect your rights and pursue your case against the individuals responsible for your injury.
Causes of New Mexico motorcycle accidents
The majority of serious and fatal motorcycle accidents involve a collision between a motorcycle and another vehicle. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, when a motorcycle collides with another vehicle, its usually because the driver of the vehicle has violated the motorcyclists right-of-way.
Motorcycles are smaller than cars and drivers are often not sufficiently alert to their presence. Collisions happen when the motorist doesnt see the motorcycle and changes lanes or turns directly into its path.
Typical motorcycle accident injuries
In a recent year, there were more than 1,000 motorcycle injuries in New Mexico. These five types of injuries are common:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). TBI can occur as the head hits another vehicle or the pavement or is shaken back and forth by the force of the collision.
- Broken bones. The most common are bones in the pelvis and shoulder, but fractures to elbows, knees, wrists, fingers, and vertebrae are also often seen.
- Soft tissue injuries. Scraping, tearing, and bruising of the skin and muscle can occur as the body hits an object or is dragged along the road.
- Facial injuries. Serious facial disfigurement can occur when the face is unprotected and strikes an object or the road.
- Biker’s arm. This injury is as a result of the rider landing on one or both arms. The nerves in the upper arm are damaged and the arm becomes paralyzed.
Contact Santa Fe motorcycle accident lawyer, Richard "Rick" Sandoval
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, and you would like to talk to a seasoned Santa Fe auto motorcycle accident lawyer, please call me at 505.795.7790or 1-866-BEST LAWYER (1-866-237-8529). If you prefer, contact us through our online form. I will investigate your accident, help you understand your rights, and fight hard to get you the compensation you need and deserve.