Santa Fe burn injury lawyer can help you seek fair compensation
Have you, or a loved one, endured the pain of a burn injury? If your injuries were caused by the negligence (i.e., the unreasonable carelessness) of another person or entity, then you are entitled to seek compensation for your personal injuries. An experienced Santa Fe burn injury lawyer can review the facts of your case and help you establish the legal elements of your claim.
Common causes of a burn injury
Serious burn injuries may result from, among other things:
- A chemical explosion or direct contact with a corrosive chemical;
- Direct contact with a scalding liquid or steam;
- An electrical fire or direct contact with an electric current (electrocution);
- A gas fire (e.g. , ignited by a defective gas burner in the home);
- A motor vehicle accident;
- Friction (e.g., caused by skin coming into contact with the ground in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident).
Effects of a burn injury
Serious burn injuries are excruciatingly painful. In addition, burn victims are at increased risk of infection because the bodys first line of defense the skin has been compromised. A burn injury victim will require extensive medical treatment and endure a long recovery period. Depending on the nature of the injuries, a burn victim may require multiple surgeries to minimize scarring and maintain function of the burned areas. Even with treatment, a burn victim may be permanently disabled or disfigured, and require a long period of physical, occupational and vocational therapy. A burn victim likely will also require treatment for depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, grief, or other mental and emotional injuries, which may never fully heal.
Your right to seek compensation
To state a claim for negligence, you must establish that the defendant:
- Owed you a duty of care;
- Breached that duty (was negligent) by acting or failing to act in the way a reasonably prudent person would act under the same or similar circumstances;
- But for the defendants actions or failure to act you would not have been harmed; and
- You were, in fact, harmed.
If you are able to establish that the explosion or fire or accident that resulted in your burn injury was caused by another persons negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for the harm done to you, including compensation for your past and future medical expenses, your lost wages, and your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
Contact Richard Rick Sandoval, Santa Fe burn injury lawyer
The long-term effects of a serious burn injury can be catastrophic, for both the victim and his or her loved ones. If you would like to speak with an experienced and compassionate Santa Fe burn injury lawyer about your situation, please call me at 505-795-7790 or 1-866-BEST LAWYER (1-866-237-8529)to schedule a free initial consultation. I would be happy to meet with you, at your convenience, to discuss your legal options.